Points of View on Lindane
Medical & Scientific Opinions
- US FDA Rejects NRDC’s Petition to Ban Lindane Medications November 20, 2012
- Jocelyn Elders, MD. Former US Surgeon General and Director of Health for the State of Arkansas. Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics and Public Health at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. February 18, 2008.
- Len I. Sweet, PhD, MPH, Msc. Senior Health Scientist, Chemrisk. University of Michigan Alum of Toxicology, Environmental Science and Public Health Graduate Programs. February 23, 2008.
- Adelaide A. Herbert, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Dermatology, The University of Texas Medical Shool at Houston; President, Society for Pediatric Dermatology, May 2007
- Amy S. Paller, MD, Walter J. Hamlin Professor and Chair, Dept. of Dermatology, Professor of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, May 2007
- Amy S. Paller, MD, Walter J. Hamlin Professor and Chair, Dept. of Dermatology, Professor of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, May 2005
- Medical Society of the State of New York, March 2007
- Medical Society of the State of New York, June 2005
- Pharmacists Society of the State of New York, April 2006
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Response to Citizen’s Petition, 1997
- U.S. FDA Assessment Memorandum on Lindane, posted 2003
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Sexually Transmitted Disease Treatment Guidelines
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Evaluation of Carcinogenic Potential of Lindane, 2001
- U.S. EPA Reregistration Eligibility Decision (RED), 2002
- U.S. EPA Revised Assessment of Risk From Use of Lindane For Treatment of Lice and Scabies, July 2002
- U.S. EPA Response to Comments on the 2002 Lindane RED, July 2006
- World Health Organization Background Document on Lindane for Drinking-Water Quality Guidelines, 2004
- World Health Organization. Guidelines For The Management of Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2003.